Why You Should Pursue A Two-Year Master's Course With Placement at Teesside University
Teesside University is one of the best educational institutions for international students, ranked in the top 350 universities according to Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022 and ranked 17 out of 73 institutions for Design & Crafts in the Guardian University Guide 2021.
Beyond education and research facilities, Teesside is one of the most popular educational institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, rightfully ranked as one among 96 global universities for overall satisfaction by the International Student Barometer Survey 2021.
Why Pursue A Two-Year Master's Degree With Placement at Teesside?
Irrespective of your career objectives, pursuing a master's degree can immensely benefit your profession, particularly with placement support. A master's degree at Teesside can make your career abroad worthwhile and valued globally.
What's special about Teesside's 2-year Master's Degree?
The degree is available in two modes:
- One-year intensive Master's programme - A great option if you wish to fastrack your career path with a transitional master's course in just a year.
- Two-year programme which includes Advanced Practice - This option offers you the opportunity to enhance your qualification by spending one semester in completing an internship, research or a semester-abroad experience.
A Master's degree with Advanced Practice has the following benefits:
- Practical exposure that enables you to apply your knowledge and skills in a real-time work environment and effectively tackle high-pressure situations.
- Having a master's certification from a reputed university adds brownie points to your CV and makes your resume attractive to global employers.
- Doing a master's course helps gain expertise in your choice of specialisation through focused semester-abroad programs, internships and research opportunities.
- Doing masters abroad sensitises you to global issues like inclusivity, cultural awareness, etc. and paves the way for personal development.
What Choices Do You Have?
The university has close links with a variety of local companies that provide internship opportunities to help develop practical knowledge and workplace skills required for a fruitful career abroad.
Also, having a vocational training certificate gives a competitive edge to your resume, making you a potential employee for international recruiters.
If you're passionate about research and development, then being a part of the university's research team would be a great option to explore career opportunities in the research field. Also, having an internship gives you a clear picture in terms of trending topics, opportunities and areas that require in-depth analysis in the chosen field.
As part of the course, participate in an academic exchange program with one of our partner universities abroad to gain meaningful experience and academic knowledge which would be beneficial for a successful career abroad. An international semester experience will enable you to gain broader insights into industry events and markets at a global level.
For entry into postgraduate certificates (PgCert), postgraduate diplomas (PgDip) or a master's degree, you normally need to fulfil one of the following:
- An honours' degree (at least a 2.2) in a subject related to the field of study/course.
- A professional qualification or any other equivalent qualifications (including international qualifications).
To know more about courses at the University of Teesside, reach our educational experts.