IELTS Preparation Tips
Some of the best ways for IELTS preparation:
- Take a practice test to understand your language proficiency
- Do your research to understand the test format
- Take multiple practice tests
- Join an IELTS Test Coaching Centre for better guidance
- Depending on your requirements, you can either opt for the IELTS Academic Preparation or the IELTS General Preparation.
The average IELTS preparation time is between 6-8 weeks. You can either start preparing by yourself at home or join a coaching centre.
How to Prepare for the IELTS speaking at home?
- Create a study plan for your IELTS preparation and regularly catch up with the schedule.
- Understand your strengths & weaknesses and work towards improving your language skills day by day.
- Make the best use of all the free IELTS preparation resources available online, and keep practising until you feel confident to take up the exam.
IELTS Study Material for IELTS Preparation
If you choose to prepare for the exam all by yourself, there are a range of IELTS preparation books and online resources readily available. Here is a list of few resources that you can refer to:
- Road to IELTS - IELTS writing preparation material: This has more than 100 hours of interactive activities, videos from experts at the British Council, special tips and even downloadable practice tests.
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS: The is a practical and easy-to-use guide that will help you to achieve the desired score
Road to IELTS - IELTS writing preparation material
This has more than 100 hours of interactive activities, videos from experts at the British Council, special tips and even downloadable practice tests.
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
The is a practical and easy-to-use guide that will help you to achieve the desired score
Importance of taking the IELTS Practice Test / IELTS online coaching:
To score high marks in your IELTS exams and IELTS general practice test, you must have a thorough understanding of the test pattern. Taking a lot of practice tests can help you understand the pattern better. Your time management skills play a vital role when you take the test. Therefore, taking the IELTS practise test enables you to manage your time better. The more you practice, the higher are your chances of acing the test with a high score.
- IELTS Preparation for IELTS Listening: For the IELTS Listening Section, the audio will be played only once. So when you take the practice tests, limit yourself to listening to the audio only once. Listen to topics from various situations like lectures, conversations and monologues as the IELTS listening section deal with these, and you can train your ear.
- IELTS Preparation for IELTS Reading: The IELTS Reading section consists of different questions, and each question requires particular reading skills. By following a specific strategy for IELTS test preparation, you can easily ace this section. Instead of repeatedly reading through the entire section, you must learn to skim and scan the text to comprehend the idea in a shorter time during the IELTS general and IELTS academic reading practice test.
- IELTS Preparation for IELTS Writing: Plan your essay before your start writing your essay. Note down your ideas roughly and start by organising them into an essay form. It is essential to plan your time too. Keep in mind that you will need more time to complete the second task. So do not spend more than 20 minutes on the first task and spend 40 minutes on the second task.
- IELTS Preparation for IELTS Speaking: It includes a face to face interview, which is divided into three parts. The IELTS Speaking Section includes subjects like work, education, friends and more. Work on improving your vocabulary and grammatical skills as they both play a vital role in this section. Prepare ahead for specific topics so that you can be more confident during the IELTS speaking test.