How about some "did you know?" facts about Singapore before we hop on to the best universities in Singapore?
"Well, like what?" you might wonder. How about - "Did you know that Singapore is one of the happiest countries in the world, for starters?"
One of the well-developed economies in the world with a strong focus on community living and overall development, studying in Singapore would be a dream come true for international students.
Let's discuss the top universities in Singapore and why you should consider Singapore for the best study abroad experience.
Unmissable factors about the Best Universities in Singapore
Education in Singapore is rated world-class for a good reason. Consistently ranked the best country for education by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Singapore is renowned not just for the standard of education but equally for factors like affordability, quality of life, cost of living, ease of earning a PR, etc.
Listed below are some of the top universities in Singapore that you need to know for the best academic experience.
- Curtin University
- Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
- Kaplan Singapore
- James Cook University
- William Angliss Institute
- Raffles Education Network
Ranked #36 in the young university rankings 2022, Curtin University is one of the top universities in Singapore renowned for its education and research facilities. Here's more about Curtin University:
- World-class education and research facilities
- state-of-the-art infrastructure and accessibility to the prime areas in the cosmopolitan city
- Assistance to international students to enjoy convenient accommodation near the university campus
- Journalism Communication and Web Media Specialisation, Marketing, Cyber Security, Data Science, Information Technology
Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
One of Singapore's oldest Non-profit educational institutions, MDIS is ranked 4th for the Enterprise 50 Award for its contributions to Singapore's economic development. Here's more about MDIS that you should know:
- On-campus activities to promote holistic learning and improve employability skills
- Has offered scholarships aggregating more than S$6 million to deserving students
- Fully equipped with sports facilities and an amphitheatre, MDIS is a patron of education and fine arts
Fashion Designing, Psychology, Tourism and Hospitality, Media and Communications, Languages and Life Sciences.
Kaplan University has students from over 35 countries with over 85,000 graduates across 450 programmes. A benchmark of excellent teaching quality, Kaplan University was the recipient of the "Best Private Education Institution" by JobsCentral Learning Training and Education Development (T.E.D.) Awards in 2018.
But that's not it. Kaplan University is also known for
- Campus drives and education fairs to promote career development
- Futuristic learning solutions and well-equipped research facilities
- Recipient of Singapore's Best Employers 2022 award for excellence in career support and holistic development
- Employability training with 4th Industrial Revolution Courses, academic referencing, entrepreneurship talks, industry visits
- LinkedIn workshops and career fairs to enable international students to enhance their interpersonal and digital workplace skills.
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Education and Social Sciences, Law and Criminology, Business and Management, and Health Services.
James Cook University
Ranked in the top 300 universities by the World University Rankings 2022, James Cook University was also the first Private Education Institution in Singapore to be awarded EduTrust Star in 2015.
Here's more about James Cook University:
- Student enrolments from over 55+ countries annually
- continuing education and training centre (CET) for the tourism, hospitality, food, and events industry in Singapore
- Student and Client base of more than 20,000 annually
- Depending on the course chosen, a trimester program offers a bachelor's degree in two years and Masters degree in one year.
Business, Tourism & Hospitality, Information Technology, Education and Psychology.
William Angliss Institute
William Angliss Institute is one of the leading education providers in hospitality, tourism, foods and culinary arts in South East Asia. The institute also provides several qualifications and training opportunities, including Singapore's WSQ qualifications and short courses and Australia's AQF qualifications and short courses, making it one of the top universities in Singapore.
There's more about William Angliss Institute:
- Continuing education and training centre (CET) for the tourism, hospitality, food and events industry in Singapore
- Student and Client base of more than 20,000 annually
- Recreation areas, state-of-the-art learning facilities, interactive practical sessions and career support.
Tourism, Hotel and Accommodation Services, Food Service (Food and Beverage Services), Retail Services
Raffles Education Network
Raffles Education Network is a premium education service provider on digital designing and fashion marketing in Singapore. Renowned for providing quality education and industry-relevant skills training, Raffles Education is one of the most prestigious Design schools in the world with branches in 10+ countries.
Here's more information about Raffles Education Network
- Awarded the IAIR Award for Excellence of the Year for Leadership in Education in Asia 2016
- Certified by the EduTrust Singapore
- Raffles Singapore offers Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) courses awarded by Coventry University, UK, one of the Top 15 universities in the UK.
Animation & Digital Media Design, Fashion Design & Marketing, Interior Architecture, Jewellery Design, Fashion communication.
Explore more courses at our AECC Global Course Search.
Singapore Universities Rankings
Here's a list of universities in Singapore along with their rankings according to the QS World University Ranking 2021.
||National University of Singapore (NUS)
||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
||James Cook University
||Singapore Management University
Singapore has some of the most reputed universities in the world, with many universities falling within the top 2% of Singapore university rankings. So, if you're interested to pursue higher education at any of the best universities in Singapore that encourage students to enhance their potential in a culturally diverse and equitable community, Singapore is the perfect fit for you.
1. Does Singapore have good universities?
Several universities in Singapore are top-ranked based on the quality of education and training. Universities like the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University are among the top 10 universities in the world.
2. What is the best course to study in Singapore?
Business, Finance, Psychology, Design and Marketing are some of the best courses to pursue in Singapore.
3. What makes universities in Singapore ideal for international students?
Quality teaching faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities make universities in Singapore an ideal choice for students worldwide to pursue their academic and career goals.
4. Is Singapore expensive for international students?
Education in Singapore is cheaper than other overseas study destinations like the UK, Australia and the USA. It costs around SGD 27,000 to 30,000 for a three-year program at a public university for international students.
5. Is Singapore safe for students?
According to The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) rankings, Singapore is the second safest city in the world.